Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine Optimization, commonly referred as SEO is the set of activities performed to make sure your website is search engine friendly in all ways possible. SEO helps in bringing your website as one of the top results and drive organic traffic to your website.
SEO is the most fundamental task to be done for any website, even if you are not aggressive on online marketing. Just as your office campus needs housekeeping, your website needs SEO to be done regularly.
Basic Search Engine Optimization tasks include
- SEO text like title tags, description and keywords added to all web pages
- XML sitemap submission to Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
- HTML Sitemap uploading
- Robots.txt submission
- Site verification with major Search Engines (Google, Yahoo! and Bing)
- Canonical Linking
- Testing Crawlability of the site content
- Broken Links and Error URLs checking and fixing
- Custom 404 Error Page
- 302 Redirects / Meta Refreshes
- URL Length, Keywords in the URL & Search friendly URLs optimisation
- Removal of Duplicate Content and Duplicate / Short / Non-informative Meta Data
- Page Load Time optimizing
- Browser compatibility testing and optimizing
- W3C Compliance testing and fixing
Unless you have a dedicated team who are tracking the differences between Google Penguin (2012) and Hummingbird (2013), we suggest you outsource your SEO to an experienced agency like Element-D® (that’s us!).